Robert Burns Day is on January 25th. He is the National poet of Scotland.
Here are some ideas to celebrate his birthday.
- Read his poetry and listen to some of his music
- Provide a monologue from someone dressed as Robert Burns or his wife, Jean
- Host a Burns dinner (for more information click here)
- Watch a documentary on Robert Burns
- Watch The Loves of Robert Burns or Red Rose movies on his life
- Have a bagpiper and/or Scottish dancers in to perform some of his hits
- Enjoy a glass of whisky and some Scottish shortbread with his poetry/music
In another post, I will provide a list of some of his best known poems and songs.
https://www.scottishgourmetusa.com/ has a number of resources for a dinner and books of poetry.